Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I'm back! - Beautiful Germany Part I


It's been a while since my last post. But when my Social Media class at UCR ended, I planned on keeping up this blog so here we go:
Being back in Germany means more "reality" and less time (and money) to travel. But I managed to take a few trips around Germany to visit friends and I want to share some pictures of those trips with you:

Strolling along the Dreisam
A few weeks ago I went to Freiburg, a cute city down in the south-west corner of Germany. It's got all those little creeks running through the city center and the river Dreisam which gives Freiburg a relaxing and mediterranean atmosphere. Here are a few impressions:





 
 


   Due to its proximity to France and Switzerland you can buy great cheese, pastries and chocolates in Freiburg.

 
 

Although the weather wasn't great (cruel 5-10 degrees celsius at the end of April) I really enjoyed the trip, especially visiting the market around the Münster which is Freiburg's big and beautiful church.

Market at the Münster




One week later I went to visit a friend in Hamburg. It had been 8 years since I'd been to Hamburg, so it was kind of like visiting a whole new, unkown city.

Binnenalster


I did a tour of the harbour and saw some huge tankships and cruisers. They told us about the shopping centers and tennis courts and buffets on board these ships and I decided that when I'm old (and hopefully rich) I definitely want to spend my holidays going on cruises!


The Queen Victoria - a huge cruiser


The Elbphilharmonie - still a work in progress
 Of course I also saw the other typical tourist spots. I walked down Reeperbahn, explored the Speicherstadt and had a huge breakfast at the Binnenalster, a lake formed by the river Alster in the middle of Hamburg.
Along the way I discovered the best place to have tapas! At MataHambra (which means kill hunger) my friend and I enjoyed a delicious collection of tapas. I'm sorry there are no pictures of this feast but I was to busy indulging in the amazing food :)

HafenCity


Speicherstadt
I guess those are enough photos for today. I'll make sure to post some pictures of my trips to the Baltic sea, Lübeck and the castle Neuschwanstein within the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment